Re: Modifytimestamp not changed with modrdn

tor, 04.11.2004 kl. 11.41 skrev Roland Pope:

> I am running openldap-2.0.27-17 under Whitebox 3.0 (Rebuild of RedHat
> Enterprise 3).
> I have noticed when I rename an entry in LDAP, the modifytimestamp remains
> unchanged?
> If I make a subsequent alteration to the same entry, like deleting an
> attribute value, then the modifyTimestamp is updated?
> I have checked a replica after the rename, and it has the original
> modifyTimestamp too.
> Is this expected behaviour for the modifyTimestamp to remain the same on a
> modrdn?

This does not happen with Openldap 2.2.17 on RedHat RHAS3. or RHEL3.The
Openldap and nss_ldap stuff delivered on current standard RedHat distros
is thoroughly broken/obsolete (whilst by far and away most of the other
utilities are well up to date).

--Tonni

--
«Livet er ein gamp», sa øyken.
I can confirm this.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...