Replication quirks

Hello:

I have OpenLDAP 2.1.29 running on two FC2 boxes, and replication was running
fine for the last couple of months.

Suddenly, yesterday, replication just stopped working. No errors were
reported on either machine's logs. After a bit of digging around, I found
that the replogfile on the master only has its timestamp updated, no data is
appended (I killed slurpd beforehand).

Consequently, slurpd updates the timestamp on slurpd.replog.lock and
slurpd.status.lock files, but no changes are made to slurpd.replog and
slurpd.status files (as it didn't find any modifications on replogfile?).

And then again today it worked for a few entries, and then stopped again.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for in the slapd debug log? I
tried enabling full logging (-1) as none of the individual levels seemed
relevant, but couldn't spot anything concerning replog.

I know I should upgrade to a more recent version, and I am planning to do
that soon, but this is just too bizarre to ignore. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Adnan.