OpenLDAP and sasl auth

I am quite new to ldap, and am attempting to authenticate (via a JNDI
test app I have written) using SASL. I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP:
error code 50 - SASL(-14): authorization failure: unable canonify user
and get auxprops]

I have searched extensively though the forums, groups and lists and
cannot figure out exactly what this is trying to tell me. I assume I
have an improperly configured sasl-regex, or something of the sort,
but I can't nail it down.

If anyone has any idea, I very much appreciate a shove in the right direction.

Cheers,
--
rjf&

P.S. Code is:

public class ldap {

    public static void main(String[] args) throws NamingException {

        // Set up the environment for creating the initial context
        final Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
                "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://10.100.2.105/";);

// Authenticate as S. User and password "mysecret"
//        env.put("javax.security.sasl.qop", "auth-int");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "DIGEST-MD5");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "dn:  " +
                    "uid=rjf@colinux,ou=Staff,o=TW,dc=tripwire,dc=com");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "testing");

// Create the initial context
        DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
    }
}