[Date Prev][Date Next]
Selecting matching rule for compare operation?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Selecting matching rule for compare operation?
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:59:01 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
Maybe I'm missing something, but (unless the compare operation is to be
considered obsolete) there's a need for flexibility in performing
comparisons, e.g. a mech to select appropriate matching rules when
Scenario: want to know if a server supports a certain control;
supportedControl doesn't define an EQUALITY rule; however, it's syntax
Quick'n'(not so)dirty: ldapsearch -b "" -s base
"(supportedControl:objectIdentifierMatch:=<OID>)" # if exactly one entry
is returned, the DSA supports the control
Clean (would be) solution: ldapcompare ""
"supportedControl/objectIdentifierMatch:<OID>" # compareTrue if value
exists according to specified matchingRule
Is there a better/more rfc-compliant way (other than defining an
EQUALITY rule for that attribute)?
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497