	From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org on behalf of Ricardo Kirkner
	Sent: Fri 10/29/2004 11:13 PM
	To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
	Subject: openldap tools starttls

	Hi:

	Is there a way to configure that StartTLS should be used by default when
	using the openldap utilities?

	In the PAM ldap.conf there is the option "ssl starttls", and in the
	openldap ldap.conf there is the option for using SSL "uri
	ldaps://myserver", but I cannot find an option for using StartTLS by
	default (I know I can use it by calling ldapsearch with -ZZ, by I want
	to configure it so I don't need to remember, and I always am sure that
	the connection is encrypted)

	thanks

	ricardo