More how to's ?

I am currently looking into LDAP as a means for our authentication methods. We need to provide an authentication method for a large amount of users (10,000 plus).

At the moment one use would be for e-mail, we are setting up a large amount of IMAP servers and would like a centralized authentication method.

I have downloaded the OpenLDAP 2.2 Administrator's Guide and am currently reading it.

Put I have some out standing questions, if there is any other documentation I should be reading could you please provide a link or document name.

1. Mail store directory ?
With LDAP I understand that a user can authenticate their POP3 / IMAP connection if the IMAP / POP3 server supports LDAP as a method. Would a LDAP entry / setting also provide the directory / location of the users mailbox store ?

2. Is there a limit to the number of "Organization" that a LDAP server can have ? The one example in the documentation is "dc=example,dc=com" with a Organizational Unit of "ou=People".

Could I create a Organization for each domain we have on a single LDAP server ? I would assume yes.

Thanks -- again any more documentation that you can point my way would be great.

Michael Gale
Lan Administrator
Utilitran Corp.

The best part is when the people who know the least are the ones ranting and raving.