Re: multiple masters - is it stable and official?

--On Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:51 AM +0200 Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@interia.pl> wrote:

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 01:31 PM 10/27/2004, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

I was looking for a solution to my problem (described in "" from ) and
I found this post
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200210/msg00328.html -
it's about having multiple masters (change in one of them would be
propagated to all other masters). As this thread was two years old,
here comes my question: is it possible to have multiple OpenLDAP
masters? Is the code stable, or do one still have to change the sources
to be able to run "multiple masters / multimasters"?

There are remnants of experimental multi-master code in OpenLDAP
Software.  I know little of it, I ignore it.

Remnants? So the whole idea was just abandoned? Even "OpenLDAP 2.2 Administrator's Guide" says something like "slapd also includes experimental support for multi-master replication" (chapter 1.6).

So what's up with this multiple masters? Is it abandoned (as Kurt seems
to indicate) or is it "working, but experimental" (as in the Admin's
Guide)?

It is abandoned, may be working, and was always experimental.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html