Re: ENC: Newbie Question on Account creation

At 10:54 AM 10/27/2004, Bruno Di Rei Araujo wrote:
>Kurt,
>
>I've checked the points stated by
>http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=648  but I had no success:
>. There was no "Extraneous White spaces"
>. I've saved my file with UTF-8 encoding
>. There was no empty values

Did you read the bit about unrecognized object identifiers?
(which I added just before my prior post)

>The error claims for invalid syntax for value #0, right?

Yes.

>Is it the first argument showing in LDIF file or what?

Should be the first value of the named attribute type, objectClass.

>Is there anyway to figure out which value is with error?

The first value of the named attribute type is posixAccount.
I would guess the server has not been (properly) configured
to know 'posixAccount'.

>That may be related to objectClasses errors or something?

See above.

>I don't know much about LDAP classes, but I took a look at its schemas and
>all "must" arguments were supplied and even some "may" values, so I think it
>is "correct".
>
>What else may I be missing?

Seems nis.schema and its prerequisites.