Re: LDAP and SASL...

--On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:07 PM -0700 Tobias Rice <rice@up.edu> wrote:

The plot thickens...
According to the docs, I have to create the file
'/usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf' and add this:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd

...so slapd knows to use saslauthd. Is there a switch to use to tell
slapd to use this file? If I start slapd, 'slapd -d -1 2>1& | tee
/tmp/output.txt' and try to ssh to the box with a test user, I would
think that grep'ing the /tmp/output.txt for 'conf' would show it looking
for the /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf, but it's not in there.
Strace doesn't show any attempt for /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf either.

slapd knows nothing about /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html