Re: ACLs and replication

Kristyan Osborne wrote:

Hi,

I have two OpenLDAP servers running 2.2.17. DS1 is a master as DS9 is a slave. I want to make DS1 replicate to DS9.
I have set up as according to the docs but when I start slurpd with -d2 I can see the error Invalid credentials.

I have set up a cn=ldaprep as the update dn. If I use cn=root then replication work. I think it is something to do with my ACLs.

I would guess that "Invalid credentials" has something to do with your DN or password....

Any help would be appreciated.

here are snippets from my conf files.

DS1

access to *
	by group="cn=it,ou=Groups,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk" write
	by dn.base="cn=ldaprep,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk" write
	by anonymous auth
	by * none

replica host=ds9.longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk:389
suffix ="dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk"
binddn="uid=ldaprep,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dcc=sch,dc=uk"

You have "dcc=sch" instead of "dc=sch" there. Was that just a typo in this email, or does that same mistake appear in your config file?

	credentials=foo
	bindmethod=simple
replogfile /usr/local/var/replog/replog

DS9

access to *
	by group="cn=it,ou=Groups,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk" write
	by dn.base="cn=ldaprep,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk" write
	by anonymous auth
	by * none

updatedn "cn=ldaprep,dc=longhill,dc=brighton-hove,dc=sch,dc=uk"
updateref ldap://ds1.longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk

--
 -- Howard Chu