Re: Install OpenLDAP with BerkeleyDB

Rupert Jones wrote:
Hi there,

I'm not sure this is the right location on the list or not, so sorry if it isn't.

I'm trying to install OpenLDAP on a Linux based server (a strange flavour developed by my ISP).
I successfully installed the latest version of BerkeleyDB (v4.2) from the SleepyCat website. However, when I try to run the ./configure command for OpenLDAP, it gets to checking BerkeleyDB version, and then reports a version mismatch error.
I noted on the OpenLDAP website that OpenLDAP uses v4.1. This isn't the problem, is it?

(and yes, I tried specifying alternative CPP and LD link directories, but got the same results)

Can anyone help me, please?

Buchan Milne Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems http://www.obsidian.co.za
B.Eng RHCE (803004789010797)