Re: configuring openldap

Anoop wrote:
Hi All

I am trying to configure openldap. I have also installed berkeley db.
I am getting the following error.
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-2)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
The openldap version is 2.2.17 and that of berkeley db 4.2.52.
As per the documentation, the openldap is compatible with berkeley db 4.2
version.
I do not know whey this error is coming ? Kindly help.

Warm Regards

Anoop M Nayak

If you're compiling Berkeley on Solaris, I have found that you need to specifically give a "prefix=" option. Then, for safe keeping, specify the "include" and "lib" paths from this prefix in your CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables. I tried the default Berkeley compilation (which installs in "/usr/local/BerkeleyDBx"), which didn't appear to work for me.

--
Chris