[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ldapdb.c usage: what objectClasses for a proxy entry?
- To: Kevin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Openldap-Users list <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: ldapdb.c usage: what objectClasses for a proxy entry?
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:52:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
---- Kevin <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi again, folks:
> According to one of Tony's posts in that thread that I mentioned before
> in the archives at
> the newly added saslAuthzTo attribute(s) should be viewable and
> changeable from a GUI client like GQ after adding it/them with the ldap*
> clients. I think I added it successfully (used ldapadd with the ldif
> below and got an "action successful" report afterwards and I can't add
> it again because it's already there), but I don't see it when I look at
> the entry using GQ (nor do I see it with ldapsearch for that matter).
> Is this the way it's supposed to be or have I done something wrong here.
> dn: uid=saslproxy,ou=agents,o=gnosysllc.com
> changetype: modify
> add: saslAuthzTo
The saslAuthz attributes are operational attributes. They can be used with any objectclass, and must be requested explicitly in a search in order to view them.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director,
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and