[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Cannot get users to load
- To: email@example.com, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: Cannot get users to load
- From: Todd Lyons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:33:19 -0700
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <CEB22D84F75A624E9ACE32A0F212661D024EA113@ussvcgaim003.services.egginc.com>
- Organization: Ivenue.com
- References: <CEB22D84F75A624E9ACE32A0F212661D024EA113@ussvcgaim003.services.egginc.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6i
Pulling this back onto the list. :-)
Melanie wanted us to know:
> Thank you for your help. I'm trying ldapmodify instead and getting the
> error ldap_add can't contact LDAP server (-1). Slapd is running. Any
We need to see what exact commands you are running. It would help if
you also posted the ACL's in your slapd.conf, including any default ACL
that might exist.
> Does this return anything better?
> ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=services,dc=egginc,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
Did it make a difference? Did it work properly?
> How about specifying a bind identity and password? (unknown at this
> point if you allow anonymous binds.)
If you post your ACL's, this will be answered.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
Linux kernel 2.6.3-19mdkenterprise 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.06, 0.00