Re: suggestion on web-based contact manager

Can anyone suggest me a good web-based contact manager, which can handle private address books? Basically I would like my users to be able to manage their own personal address book through some sort of web interface.

My first two questions are:
-why do private addresses need to be in LDAP?

In order to make them available from different computer (e.g. home workstation/laptop/palm/work computer) and applications.

-have you tried native clients (ie Evolution has LDAP write support)?

Some of my user use different email clients (e.g. such as Thunderbird) which do not support LDAP write.

-Gian