Re: can't contact LDAP server

Christiana wanted us to know:

>I have a problem connecting to openldap server when
>the client is in different machine from the server:

On the server, run 'netstat -ltn'.  Make sure you see:
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address    State
tcp        0      0   *          LISTEN

If it's listening on, that's why.

If it is in fact listening on, then take a look at any
firewall that is running on that server.

>s = daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family
>not supported by protocol)

Probably because it also tries to bind to an IPv6 address which is not
defined on your machine.  That's usually not a problem.

Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin
Linux kernel 2.6.3-16mdkenterprise   2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00