From: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
To: <man@mentata.com>; "kakula" <lololo@seed.net.tw>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 12:48 PM
Subject: RE: delete/modify many users

I scripted it, u may find more info:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt

Rgds
Gary

Content of openldap_delete_Peoples.sh

#! /bin/sh
# openldap_delete_Peoples.sh
# Destructive script
# Never do deletion at LDAP Master Server
# Do deletion only at LDAP Slave Server
[ "`uname -n`" = "ldap1" ] && exit

# Un-Comment for RedHat
BINDIR=/usr/bin
# Un-Comment for others
#BINDIR=/usr/local/bin
grep "^dn:" People.ldif | sed 's/^dn: //' >openldap_delete_Peoples.ldif
if [ -f mgr.pwd ]
then
   $BINDIR/ldapdelete -c -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -w `cat
mgr.pwd` -f openldap_delete_Peoples.ldif
else
   echo "mgr.pwd not found"
   echo "Please enter LDAP password for cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com..."
   $BINDIR/ldapdelete -c -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f
openldap_delete_Peoples.ldif
fi