Re: I'm have a problem w/userPasswords and binding

--On Friday, October 08, 2004 09:19:31 AM +0200 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> Rob,
>
> "Invalid credentials" is a catchall for almost any error during bind, to
> avoid disclosing sensitive info (e.g. the user does not exist, or other
> details about the account) to malicious clients.  I suggest you look at
> server logs at a reasonable level (at worst, -d -1; -d 256 (STATS) or -d
> 384 (STATS+ACL) should be a good starting point) to find out more about
> the real reason of your failure.
>
> You don't say what versions of server and client you're using, so further
> advise is not possible.
>
> p.
>
> --
> Pierangelo Masarati
> mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it
>

>     SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497

Pierangelo,
Also, here is the antry for the DN that can't successfully bind (yes, I did replace the password a
string of Xs -- other than that, this is the unmodified output from ldapsearch):

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=linfield.edu> with scope sub
# filter: cn=postfix
# requesting: ALL
#

# Postfix, Special Users, linfield.edu
dn: cn=Postfix,ou=Special Users,o=linfield.edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: linfieldSpecialUser
cn: Postfix
ou: Special Users
userPassword:: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2