[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Automatically restarting Syncrepl on a consumer if the Providerrestarts.
- To: "James Saint-Rossy, Thomas" <James.Saint-Rossy@associates.usss.dhs.gov>
- Subject: Re: Automatically restarting Syncrepl on a consumer if the Providerrestarts.
- From: Greg Matthews <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:37:23 +0100
- Cc: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- In-reply-to: <415B3534.email@example.com>
- Organization: iTSS
- References: <415B1474.firstname.lastname@example.org> <415B1B63.email@example.com> <415B3534.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Apologies for replying to such an old thread...
On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 23:20, James Saint-Rossy, Thomas wrote:
> 1. "retry" accepts a comma separated list of number pairs
> (+ may be used in the second value of a pair).
> 2. The first value of the pair is the "retry interval" in seconds
> 3. The second value of the pair is the "number of retries"
> "+" or "-1" may be used for an infinite number of retries
Having tried this retry directive I find that the consumer constantly
rebinds to the provider instead of retrying only in the case of losing a
connection to the provider. This makes it almost the same as using
refreshOnly with a short time interval.
> Ex. retry=1,2,3,4,5,+ means
> retry 2 times every 1 second then
> retry 4 times every 3 seconds then
> retry every 5 seconds indefinately
> I'll post this in the FAQ-O-Matic
> Cheers, James.
iTSS Wallingford 01491 692445