Re: ldap proxy/cache/replication, ala AD

* Mike Williams <mike.williams@comodo.com> [041006 20:20]:

> Taking my example of a laptop user:
> UserA logins, does some work, logs out, and goes home taking the laptop.
> UserA wants to do some work at home, but, oh no, he can't login as the LDAP
> server isn't available.
>
> In a windows domain infrastructure UserA's credentials would have been cached,

I'm quite sure AD uses an other mechanism outside of LDAP to do this.
Otherwise it would be a horrible security-breach: You are suggesting,
that every User has its own LDAP-Server on his own Laptop, so
extracting confidential Data would be real easy.

--
Wurstsonderpostenladen
-----------------> JabberID grafzahl@jabber.fsinf.de <------------------