rootdn and sasl-regexp

openldap-2.1.30
sasl-2.1.19

I have rootdn as an SASL entity (I'm using DIGEST-MD5):

rootdn uid=manager,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth

And I also use this sasl-regexp directive to map sasl entities to directory entries for
the other users:

sasl-regexp uid=([^,]+),cn=digest-md5,cn=auth cn=$1,ou=Pessoas,dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br

What happens is that rootdn then gets mapped to cn=manager,ou=Pessoas,dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br
and isn't considered the directory administrator anymore. It has no special meaning anymore
and I have to add this DN to all my ACLs. Is this expected?