Re: retry= syncrepl directive

I confirmed your analysis of "retry" with good old tcpdump. Here is what I got from analyzing the code.

1.  "retry" accepts a comma separated list of number pairs
    (+ may be used in the second value of a pair).
2.  The first value of the pair is the "retry interval" in seconds
3.  The second value of the pair is the "number of retries"
   "+" or "-1" may be used for an infinite number of retries

Ex.  retry=1,2,3,4,5,+ means
   retry 2 times every 1 second then
   retry 4 times every 3 seconds then
   retry every 5 seconds indefinately

I'll post this in the FAQ-O-Matic

Cheers, James.

To follow up on my own post, I have tried:

	retry=5,5,300,+

which appears to work. From reading the code, I think this means
"retry five times every five seconds, then retry every five minutes
perpetually". But I would appreciate some confirmation from someone
that actually understands this code :-)

-- Luke