Re: connection_pool_max question.

--On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:20 PM -0400 Jonathan Higgins <jhiggins@kennesaw.edu> wrote:

what is the default value of connection_pool_max.
is this value configurable by changing the number of threads in
slapd.conf using "threads"
what is a decent number of threads to use?

reason for asking this is that my replication keeps failing on a slave
with the following message:

deferring operation: to many executing

Jonathan,

Deferring isn't necessarily problematic. If you play with the "threads" setting, I suggest careful experimentation. I found that "threads 20" worked well under Solaris, but that "threads 32" did not. The default threads value is 16.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html