fascism

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
As some seem not to listen to my repeated calls for this
topic to be taken elsewhere, the topic has been marked
as taboo in the mailing list manager.  Further posts
in this area will be screened by list administrator
and only forwarded to the list if deemed on-topic.

This is a truly overbearing attitude for somebody to take who repeatedly ignored my request to setup a group where this sort of thing would be on topic. This is truly the sort of attitude which deters people from using free software. For this sort of thing to be going on on the one place people can come to talk about using open source ldap implementations makes this sort of nastiness even more inappropriate.

I would like to point out that there people who emailed me off list to thank me for standing up for the list members. I'm sorry that the powers that be have chosen to screen communication that doesn't fit their world view. Where I come from that's called fascism. People have fought wars over it, but knowing that would indicate an ability to LEARN from history.

--
</chris>

-- C.A.R. Hoare