RE: Backend authentication

Some time ago you kindly offered the attached advice regarding delegated

What I want to do is run my own local LDAP service for information but use a
remote LDAP service for the authentication process: to the user it should
appear that they are authenticating with my LDAP service - i.e. they are not
aware of the 3rd party service.

Another list member suggested:

database bdb
suffice  "ou=HooHa,ou=...,dc=nakedgeeks,dc=ru"
directory /var/lib/ldap

databse ldap
lastmod off
user    "ldap://master";