[Date Prev][Date Next]
format of -h argument to ldapsearch and friends
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: format of -h argument to ldapsearch and friends
- From: "Richard L. Goerwitz III" <richard@Goerwitz.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:15:21 -0500
- Organization: Goerwitz.COM
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803
Descendents of UMich LDAP libraries generally take (where one LDAP
server's DNS name is required) optional additional LDAP servers, if
they're separated by spaces.
ldapsearch -h 'ldap1.college.edu ldap2.college.edu' ...
Although the change might be present in earlier versions, I only
just noticed recently (OpenLDAP 2.2.17) that this syntax is no longer
possible. I receive the following error when I attempt to use the
Could not create LDAP session handle for
URI=ldap://ldap1.college.edu ldap2.college.edu -9):
Bad parameter to an ldap routine
It was perfectly fine in 2.0.x and 2.1.29. And it's become standard
practice in a lot of other LDAP-enabled software.
BTW, don't forget the opening parends in the above error message
(clients/tools/common.c, line 690; before the %d).
Richard Goerwitz richard@Goerwitz.COM
tel: 507 645 7015