Re: renaming an entry referenced in another object

Kurt D. Zeilenga a écrit :

At 07:27 AM 9/17/2004, François Beretti wrote:

Hello

I have an OpenLDAP server, with many objects used by several software.
Some of the objects have attributes of the DN syntax referencing another directory entry.
As I understand it, if I rename an object referenced in another one, the value of the
attribute containing the dn in the other entry is not modified.

Is it still right in the last version ?

It's right in all versions of OpenLDAP Software. The server is obligated not to muck with user application data and slapd doesn't.

Ok, I respect this choice. Is there a plugin for slapd that could handle such a behavior ?

The problem is, when the server does not muck with user application data, that the application may have to take care of the whole directory when modifying one entry, and I find more convenient for me that a server-side component do this job.

François