[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
- To: "OpenLDAP Software List" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
- From: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:22:49 +0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcSbl+5myqCgncsXQ5yCg9RsnvkSrAAARvhA
- Thread-topic: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
Let me clarify:
1) There is no issue of GNU make in Solaris "9" as Solaris "9" comes
with GNU make and gcc and I use them also, I am not sure if there is
issue with GNU make with Solaris "8", but some tips from Google advised
me to use /usr/ccs/bin/make on Solaris "8" so that the object files
generated have less issue when they are linked with /usr/ccs/bin/ld,
again I may NOT be correct.
2) I know u gurus have no issue building openldap with SASL support, for
new learners like me, this SASL is another animal and as I don't need it
I filter it so that I am likely to face less issue.
3) Thanks for telling me more on the ./configure options, those options
are from "tips" of others and when they work, I leave them as they are.
I actually use the superior BDB for my OpenLDAP builds, the
"--enable-lbdm" could be removed.
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:48 AM
To: Tay, Gary; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: OpenLDAP Software List
Subject: RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
--On Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:16 AM +0800 "Tay, Gary"
> My comments:
> 1) Pls use /usr/ccs/bin/make (SUN's version) instead of
> /usr/local/bin/make (I think this is GNU make), overwrite this in "env
> .." prefix of the "./configure" command I suggest.
There is nothing wrong with using GNU's make. I use it on Solaris all
> 3) I suggest u 1st try to configure without SASL, I use simple bind
> with start_tls and avoid SASL, I suggest u remove SASL lib from the
> LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS. For my successful builds I did not use SASL.
OpenLDAP builds just fine with SASL.
> 6) Could u try the following, explicting saying the API used will be
> env MAKE=/usr/ccs/bin/make CC=gcc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include
> -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib ./configure --enable-bdb
> --enable-ldbm --enable-ldap --without-threads --with-ldbm-api=berkeley
> --with-ldbm-module=static --with-ldbm-type=hash --enable-crypt
> --with-tls --prefix=/usr/local/openldap
I suggest not enabling LDBM at all for OpenLDAP 2.2, especially when
with Solaris. BDB is superior.
I've been building OpenLDAP on Solaris for 2 years now. It builds just
fine in a normal environment.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html