RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Let me clarify:

1) There is no issue of GNU make in Solaris "9" as Solaris "9" comes
with GNU make and gcc and I use them also, I am not sure if there is
issue with GNU make with Solaris "8", but some tips from Google advised
me to use /usr/ccs/bin/make on Solaris "8" so that the object files
generated have less issue when they are linked with /usr/ccs/bin/ld,
again I may NOT be correct.

2) I know u gurus have no issue building openldap with SASL support, for
new learners like me, this SASL is another animal and as I don't need it
I filter it so that I am likely to face less issue.

3) Thanks for telling me more on the ./configure options, those options
are from "tips" of others and when they work, I leave them as they are.
I actually use the superior BDB for my OpenLDAP builds, the
"--enable-lbdm" could be removed.

Rgds
Gary