Re: Configuring master for multiple slave replication

--On Friday, September 10, 2004 2:27 PM -0700 Todd Lyons <tlyons@ivenue.com> wrote:

Currently we have a single master and a single slave.  The config looks
like this in the database definition section:

replica uri=ldap://ldap1.domain.com:389
        binddn="cn=master,dc=domain,dc=com"
        bindmethod=... credentials=...
replogfile /var/lib/openldap-slurp/replication.log

The above works very well.  I want to convert it to two slaves for high
availability.  Will the following config format work?

replica uri=ldap://ldap1.domain.com:389
        binddn="cn=master,dc=domain,dc=com"
        bindmethod=... credentials=...
replica uri=ldap://ldap2.domain.com:389
        binddn="cn=master,dc=domain,dc=com"
        bindmethod=... credentials=...
replogfile /var/lib/openldap-slurp/replication.log

I don't want to restart the master until I know that I have the format
for the config file correct, so I'm asking here about the format because
I can't seem to find anything on the net about configuration format for
multiple slave replication.  I'll keep looking though.

That looks correct to me.

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/slapd-conf-master.html>

See:
"You can have multiple replica statements."

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer