From: Fonseca Mario [mailto:Mario.Fonseca@lbhf.gov.uk]
Sent: 08 September 2004 10:06
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Can't contact LDAP server

Hi LDAP Gurus,

I'm new to LDAP and have a problem with an established LDAP system.  Basically we have made no changes to any LDAP configuration files, but LDAP has stopped working.  the replica's cannot communicate with the master server.  when I try to run ldappassword or ldapsearch on the master I get:

ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81).

I have tried restarting the processes on both the replicas and the master.

I hope you can help

Kind Regards

Mario Fonseca

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.

Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.