two problems when migrating from 2.1.30 to 2.2.15

Hallo everybody,

I am trying to move from 2.1.30 to 2.2.15. I've met two problems, which
I can not identify as mine at the moment, and I want to know what do you
think about it ...

1) 2.2.15 does not accept value "---" of attribute telephoneNumber,
saying that "normalization failed". I understand that such value of the
attribute is just meaningless, however it is valid per syntax if I am
not too wrong. Who is wrong, me or ldap server?

2) I had string "set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE" in my DB_CONFIG file. This
was making berkeley db to remove all unused log files after next
checkpoint. With 2.2.15 this parameter in DB_CONFIG does not make any
effect, log files remain on file system. Do you know if something has
changed?

Thanx a lot and best regards, vadim tarassov.