DB_CONFIG causes bdb_db_init FATAL or PANIC error, renaming it helps

Title: DB_CONFIG causes bdb_db_init FATAL or PANIC error, renaming it helps

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.2.13 with BDB 4.2.52, and I notice that this "Bug"?

On a testing server, whenever I stop the LDAP server, clean up *.bdb, __db.* and log.*, and try to rebuild the LDAP server, I am always frightened by FATAL or PANIC errors, something like:

bash-2.05# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 10 -u ldap -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///"
bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3, 2003)
bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
bdb(dc=example,dc=com): PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30978)
backend_startup: bi_db_open(0) failed! (-30978)
bdb(dc=example,dc=com): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment configured for the transaction subsystem
bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I have to temporarily renamed DB_CONFIG before the rebuild and rename it back after the rebuild, just to get around it.

Anyone experienced this and reported this as a bug? Or know why went wrong?

Content of DB_CONFIG:
set_cachesize 0 209715200 0
set_lg_regionmax        131072
set_lg_bsize            2097152