From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Armbrust, Daniel C.
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 3:02 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: ./configure error

It definitely seems that something has changed (read - has been broken) in the latest version of openldap related to finding the correct version of Berkeley DB.  People keep reporting it, but I think it keeps slipping past the people who have the knowledge to fix it as a simply newbie problem.

I'd open an ITS, but I don't understand the problem well enough to even make a decent report.  When I moved to 2.2.15, I found that I now have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in order to build on RedHat 9 - but I don't have to set it to build older versions of openldap.  Previously, I only had to set the LDFLAGS (-L and -R) and the CPPFLAGS (-I) to make it work.

I'm going to reforward two messages to the list (from the last month or so) which appear to be related.

Dan

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.