Re: Multiple slaves?

--On Friday, August 27, 2004 4:19 PM -0500 "Batchelor, Scott M" <sbatchel@indiana.edu> wrote:

I am having problems getting replication to run against multiple slaves.
I add a second replication directive to my slapd.conf file but only the
first directive seems to work.  I assume that I do have to have separate
replog files?  Could someone give a brief rundown of how this is
accomplished?

If you have two replica's that are supposed to contain identical information then no, you don't need to separate replog files.

Did you stop & restart slurpd & slapd?

I replicate to 9 consumers from one master:

replica         host=ldap9.stanford.edu:389
               tls=yes bindmethod=sasl

binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica         host=ldap8.stanford.edu:389
               tls=yes bindmethod=sasl

binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica         host=ldap7.stanford.edu:389
               tls=yes bindmethod=sasl

binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica host=ldap6.stanford.edu:389
tls=yes bindmethod=sasl
binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica host=ldap5.stanford.edu:389
tls=yes bindmethod=sasl
binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica host=ldap4.stanford.edu:389
tls=yes bindmethod=sasl
binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica host=ldap3.stanford.edu:389
tls=yes bindmethod=sasl
binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica host=ldap2.stanford.edu:389
tls=yes bindmethod=sasl
binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replica         host=ldap1.stanford.edu:389
               tls=yes bindmethod=sasl

binddn=cn=replicator,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu saslmech=gssapi

replogfile  /var/log/replog

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html