Re: Centralized LDAP Authentication or Kerberos+LDAP Authentication

søn, 22.08.2004 kl. 17.23 skrev Rich Graves:
[...]

> Your init script, like redhat's, stops the server with kill -9.

RedHat's init procedure does *not*, unless something's seriously wrong
with the proggie's init procedure.

Please read RedHat's /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions yet again and look for
the function 'killproc'.

I stop and start my Openldap 2.2.15 on my ThinkPad notebook time and
time again, using RedHat's 'init 0', and have (with 2.2.15) yet to
experience a corrupt BDB. Granted i did with earlier OL and BDB
versions, but that was not due to RedHat's termination procedure.

I agree with all the rest of your advice, though :)

--Tonni

--
My other notebook, a Compaq 700EA, is what my cats jump off my knee and
go and sit on, when they've had enough.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl