Re: Newbie search question - Help!

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, August 19, 2004 9:45 AM +0200 Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> wrote:

    A question related to this... from what version is uniqueMember
indexable? I'm working with 2.1.26 and it seems in this version you
cannot index uniqueMember.

I've never indexed it via substr, because I don't use it. If it isn't indexable as a substr, then doing a substr search on it isn't going to work particularly well.

Well, I mean not even eq indexing. I tried to do so, and I got an error from slapd (or slapindex? I dont' remember). I then found a few posts in the archive telling that uniqueMember was not indexable, and that code should be written in order to make it indexable.