Re: Newbie search question - Help!

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:01 PM -0500 "Woo, Chen Ching" <cwoo@spss.com> wrote:

I'm new to LDAP have openLDAP installed. I started to play a little bit
with searching and I believe there is something very fundamental I'm
missing. My problem is that I don't seem to be able to search on entries
based on attribute which has DN as value. For instance, using
(uniqueMember=cn=role1,dc=mycompany,dc=com) or (uniqueMember=cn*) or as
filters, I don't seem to be able to match the following entry. I try
escaping the '=' and ',' characters with '\' but to no avail.

Any help is very much appreciated.

dn: cn=role1,dc=roles,dc=mycompany,dc=com

cn: role1

objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames

uniqueMember: cn=role1,dc=mycompany,dc=com

uniqueMember: cn=both,dc=mycompany,dc=com

What version of OpenLDAP?

Did you index uniqueMember as eq and substr? Note that for substring searches, you need three characters plus * by default.

--Quanah

A quetion related to this... from what version is uniqueMember indexable? I'm working with 2.1.26 and it seems in this version you cannot index uniqueMember.

   Best regards
   Jose