Build problems SunOS 5.6 tls and crypt support

I am trying to build openldap-2.2.13 on a machine running SunOS 5.6.
For configure I run:

LDDFLAGS="-L/pkgs/lib $LDDFLAGS" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/pkgs/include $CPPFLAGS" \
./configure --prefix=/pkgs/openldap-2.2.13 \
        --enable-syslog \
        --without-ipv6 \
        --without-cyrus-sasl \
        --with-threads \
        --with-tls \
        --enable-slapd \
                --enable-crypt \
                --enable-cleartext \
                --enable-lmpasswd \
                --disable-spasswd \
                --enable-bdb \
        --enable-slurpd

Configure finds all the libraries and headers it needs, make depend will
then succeed. After issuing a make I get:
cc -g -O2 -I../../include        -I../../include   -I/pkgs/include      -c
-o passwd.o passwd.c
In file included from ../../include/ac/crypt.h:24,
                 from passwd.c:51:
/usr/include/crypt.h:22: parse error before `('
/usr/include/crypt.h:22: parse error before `const'
make[2]: *** [passwd.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nich/openldap-2.2.13/libraries/liblutil'
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nich/openldap-2.2.13/libraries'
make: *** [all-common] Error 1

If I remove '--enable-crypt' it will build correctly. Also if I remove
'--with-tls and --enable-lmpasswd' it will also build correctly.

This would indicate that there is a conflicting library call between the
openssl functions and Solaris crypt functions.

I tried working with the patch from here:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200310/msg00478.html

However it did not seem to solve my problem, entirely likely I did something
wrong when applying the patch to the openldap source...

I am planning to use the openldap server for samba and unix accounts which
is why I need crypt support and would like to use tls for a base security
level. I am also looking at how to use sasl however this will just
complicate the matter at the moment.

--
Nich