From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:19 PM
To: James Courtney; Openldap list
Subject: RE: Slurpd and cpu usage

--On Friday, August 13, 2004 10:31 PM -0400 James Courtney
<Jcourtney@inphonic.com> wrote:

> Anyone seen this on Linux, this is probably my most serious issue right
> now as my slurpd doesn't play nice with my slapd and I'm suspecting that
> the high CPU load is tied to this.  Basically the slapd by itself stays
> up all day long, with slurpd, down many times.  Usually a nice 2GB
> slapd.replog is generated for me too.  I'm running a cron of the one-shot
> slurpd which is working okay but I'd really like to know what's hurting
> me here.  Both 2.1.25 and 2.2.15 exhibit the same high CPU load (in dev).
> I can't verify a stability change with 2.2.15 yet as I don't have it in
> production, still need to devise tests...

Does slurpd.status show the time stamps go up during replication?  Are all
the slurpd bits also owned by the same user as the slapd user?  Is
replication working correctly? What are your configs for your replicas?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer