Re: My database are often corrupted.

--On Friday, August 13, 2004 12:13 AM +0200 Michael Anderson <mikea@tuatara.bm.uunet.de> wrote:

We had similar problems and as a temporary measure returned to ldbm,
Interestingly, ldbm seems to use some of the same libraries but since we
reverted we have not had a single problem. If you do not really need the
transaction capability of Berkeley this may be an option for you.

In the end we decided that openLDAP is not really suitable for
mission-critical apps and have since made the decision to go to Novell
e-directory. You might like to look at that because although it is
commercial, it is not terribly expensive and blows the socks off
openLDAP.

Please provide relevant configuration files, system configuration, etc. when making this assertion. I have found bdb and OpenLDAP to be extremely stable, responsive, and quite acceptable for our mission-critical applications when configured appropriately.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer