Re: ldapsearch failed to authenticate password

Daniel Lim a écrit :
Hi Alexandre,
I used the -W -D options but still failed with invalid
credential, this is what I have done;
$ ldapsearch  -x -h rajah -W -D "cn=limd, ou=contacts,
dc=dpws, dc=nsw.gov.au"
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

When I turned on debug at slapd there was this message
at the end;
ldap_read: want=8, got=0
Is that slapd debugging output or is that ldapsearch debugging output ?
Can you read in slapd logs (with log level of 256) to see what happens ? (send releavent part of it if you can).
Did you try to connect to the directory with other tools (eg. Jxplorer) with same credentials ?

--- Alexandre Garel <garel.alexandre@agora.msa.fr>

Daniel Lim a écrit :

Hi there,
I have successfully installed openldap-2.2.14 on
SLES 8.1 Linux to work with mysql-3.23.52-27.
I can use ldapsearch from another Linux box to
retrieve successfully a user details from the
host with backend MySql using the following
# ldapsearch  -x -h <ldapserver>  -b

But when I use the option -W to prompt for simple
password authentication it fails;
$ ldapsearch -x -h rajah -W -b
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

The user have to be specified with -D option, -b
specify the base of the
so if you use -W there shall be a -D

Do you Yahoo!?