RE: openldap versions and silent exit

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 9:02 PM -0400 James Courtney <Jcourtney@inphonic.com> wrote:

Thanks Quanah, not 2.2.13 perl the "stable" designation?  Where can I
find the major changes for 2.2.x vs 2.1.25?  Anywhere online or just
release notes in the tarball?

There were some issues in 2.2.13 release I wanted to not have, so I moved to 2.2.15. It has been stable in my dev, test, and production environments.

Release information can be found here:

I suggest reading the man pages carefully for 2.2, as moving straight to 2.1 to 2.2 can be non-straightforward.

Note that you will have to export and re-import your database, as the underlying storage mechanism (hash) has changed (to btree's) for the database.

Pay particular attention to ACL syntax.  I suggest reading:

as well.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services