Re: Should I index all attributes?

Hi

you should only index attributes used in the LDAP filters you use in your search requests.

François

Jorge Ruão a écrit :

Hi,

I'm runing OpenLDAP 2.2 in 4 servers (each server has about 4Gb of RAM and dual Xeon- 3.0 Ghz)

Currently I'm indexing the following atributes:

index   default pres,eq
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid
index   cn pres,eq,sub

But I use several atributes:

USERS - objectClass, uid, uidNumber, gidNumber, cn, userPassword, loginShell, homeDirectory, gecos, shadowMin, shadowMax, shadowLastChange, shadowWarning, shadowInactive

GROUPS - objectClass, gidNumber, memberUid, cn, userPassword

OU - objectClass, ou

Should I index all atributes to increase performance? userPassword should be indexed too?

Thanks,
Jorge Ruão