JDBC-LDAP Bridge Fun

This problem has been bothering me, so maybe someone can take another look:

<sql:setDataSource
driver="com.octetstring.jdbcLdap.sql.JdbcLdapDriver"
url="jdbc:ldap://ldaps.company.com/o=people,c=us?SECURE:=TRUE&SEARCH_SCOPE:=base"; />

<sql:query var="result">
SELECT * from
</sql:query>

No matter what program I use, DBVisualizer, JSTL etc, I get this back:

: Scope not recognized

The server is an LDAPS server, not LDAP, and I have to bind to it. Above I've removed the binding details because if it ISNT there, I get a binding error, ruling that out.

Any thoughts? I'm really stuck on this.

- Nic Werner