Re: LDAPv3: The OpenLDAP/Kerberos/SASL soup (was Kerberos andDIGEST-MD5)

--On Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:15 PM -0400 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Paul M Fleming wrote:

Are all sasl calls wrapped in a mutex or just the gssapi ones? I

Just gss ones.

couldn't find any references to these changes in the Changelog for sasl
2.1.19 from the CMU source.

My bad. It is available in CVS.

2004-07-15  Rob Siemborski <rjs3@andrew.cmu.edu>
         * configure.in, plugins/gssapi.c: Wrap all GSS calls
           in mutexes when required by the implementation.
           (based on a patch by Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk>)

Yeah, I commented on this bug previously. What is really being said here, is that they'll wrap the GSS calls specifically if MIT kerberos is being used. I still have problems with that approach, since MIT is working on fixing the threading issues in their Kerberos libraries, at which point the SASL mutexing may become a bottleneck (as well as unnecessary).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer