Re: keeping track of last successful authentication

Jordan Gannett wrote:

I hope this is an acceptable question to ask here. I'm
planning to transition a small network of machines
(~20) from NIS+ to LDAP, and one thing I'd like to do
is have the LDAP directory keep track of the last
successful authentication for each user, so that I can
easily find out which users haven't used their
accounts at all (whether email, SSH, or any other
service) for some period of time.

OpenLDAP software does not implement email, SSH, or any other operating system service. As such, this question is off topic. Most likely you will want to use PAM to solve this problem, and most likely you will need to write new code to accomplish it.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun