Re: Problems access openldap from Mac OS X Address Book

--On Saturday, July 24, 2004 4:13 PM -0400 Russell Sutherland <russ@quist.ca> wrote:

I have an openldap server running under Debian/Linux. It serves personal
information (e.g. email addresses) just fine
using the standard schemas:

# Schema and objectClass definitions
include         /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

I've had both Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook Express using it as a
central source of data.
However I have not had any luck with the Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Address
Book. It's configured
properly and I can see the queries coming over the network, but the
requests come back empty.

Has anyone been able to get the Address Book application to inter-operate?
If so, how?

I suggest running slapd with a debug level of -1 (slapd -d -1) and seeing how things get evaluated.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer