Re: Replication Problem

* Stephane Boisvert <sboisvert@softvoyage.com> [0705 15:05]:
> Hi,
>    I know many people asked this question but im not able to establish a two way replication with 1 master and 1 slave. Does i need to add a referral object into my directory ? I followed the documentation and i always get this errors
> on the .rej file:
> ERROR: Referral
> replica: slave1.ldap:389
> time: 1090590585.0

> replogfile /var/lib/ldap/replica/replog
> and the slapd.conf on the slave
> database        bdb
> suffix          "dc=softvoyage,dc=com"
> rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=softvoyage,dc=com"
> rootpw          {MD5}TCKjnd9NwiJ9H9YDoZJTEg==
> directory       /var/lib/ldap
> index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
> index   cn,mail,surname,givenname               eq,subinitial
> updatedn        "cn=replicator,ou=System,dc=softvoyage,dc=com"
> updateref       "ldap://";

I think you need an acl here to let the updatedn DN write to the directory.
You also need that DN to exist in the slave with a valid password.

(also change that rootdn - md5 isn't very secure and you just gave the world your root password ).

The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all
who have seen it, as one of the finest spectacles in nature.
		-- Benjamin Franklin