Re: slapd-{ldap,meta} && authentication

> Quoting Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>:
>> This is not completely true. back-ldap does support sasl-regexp
>> mapping, or it did the last time I worked with it.
> Is there some special trick to get this to work, because the sasl-regexp
> I was using while having a local db don't work...
> And I don't want to use HEAD quite yet so I can't try the 'idassert-*'
> stuff.
>> I note the original poster is using back-meta, and I have never tested
>> sasl-regexp with back-meta. It very well may never have worked. But
>> certainly back-ldap did.
> I've tried both back-ldap AND back-meta. The reason I tried back-meta is
> that (eventually/maybe some day) I'll be partition my DIT and then
> back-meta
> would be better suited to 'join' the DIT...
> But for now, I'll stick with back-meta. I can now do simple binds, but not

I suggest you stay with back-ldap if you don't need back meta, and boost
up the logs to see what happens with your authz-regexp.  Also, a knowledge
of your authz-policy and authzFrom/authzTo design would be helpful.
Please simplify the info as much as possible to isolate the problem, and
make sure you don't provide any sensitive info about your system.

Pierangelo Masarati