Re: openldap up; can't db_stat

tor, 22.07.2004 kl. 18.01 skrev Rich Graves:

> I avoided that, and problems getting Heimdal compiled without pollution by
> system bdb and openssl libs, by giving up and going --without-sasl.

FWIW I ad no problems in compiling Heimdal on RHAS3 (it's installed in
/usr/heimdal) nor getting Cyrus SASL 2.1.18 to use it for GSSAPI.
Openldap SASL support is vital to my Openldap Postfix 2.1
implementations, since it eliminates the need to use saslauthd with the
latter's lack of SASL MD5 integration.

>  I have
> a custom bdb rooted in /usr/local/openldap, but am able to use the
> RedHat-supplied openssl.

0.9.7a, which has a serious security (ASN.1) flaw.

>  I regret not having the option to use kerberised
> binds against Active Directory, but I considered maintainability more
> important.

Try again ;) I promise you it's possible.

> > with up2date and its DB is minimized. Openldap 2.0.27 clients have to be
> > renamed
>
> I am happy with RedHat's 2.0.27 clients.

That's because you don't use SASL ...

--Tonni

--

Happiness is having your cat jump in through the window and
greet you, with the light summer dew yet a few seconds wet

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl